Gondogola was photographed in Telluride on the gondola in the winter of 2014, by Mary Kenez ! In the summer of 2016, Gondogola went up in it's home at San Sophia Station! The photo really shows the spirit of the dog-friendly town of Telluride, Colorado. The most common questions asked about this now iconic photograph:
Top 7 questions about Gondogola answered:
1- What are the dogs names?
2- Who's dogs are they?
3- How did Mary get the dogs to pose?
4- Was the gondola moving?
5- How many shots did it take?
6- Are dogs always allowed on the gondola?
7- Is the term Gondogola made up by Mary?
1- Colby, Stetson, Casey, Kilee, Savvy (Stetson is the only boy!) Yellow Lab, English Cream Golden Retriever, Navajo Dog, Golden Retriever, English Cream Golden Retriever)
2- All Mary's dogs. (She wishes) Casey, in the middle, Mary's dog - other 4 are local dogs. Putting 5 dogs into a gondola car that know each other and spend time together made it easy. The dogs are all friends!!!
3- The Power of CHEESE!
5- One go round of the gondola - The gondola has 4 legs (haha) From Up to San Sophia Station, down to Mountain Village, back up to Mountain Village, back to Telluride. Gondogola image was captured on the 2nd leg...the Telluride Airport.
6- Yes, every other car of the gondola is a dog-car. YOUR dog(s) can ride
7- Yes! Gondogola is a made up term which now also a registered trademark! Gondogola™
• Gondogola at San Sophia Station was donated by Kamruz Gallery
• Gondogola at San Sophia Station is 6 foot tall by 9 foot wide
• Gondogola at PetCO Corp headquarters is 6.5 foot tall by 10 foot wide
• Gondogola has inspired several gondola photo off-shoots : Aspen Gondogola (featuring Red and 2 original Gondogola dogs), Chihuandola, Collies on Board (All Border Collies) , The Beagle has Landed, Whoa Nellie
• Gondogola photographer Mary Kenez will photograph your dogs ! All photo shoots include one canvas print and all of the images on a USB - cost is $600 for on the gondola and $500 in town of Telluride. Book a shoot with Mary.
• Gondogola signed prints are available ranging in size from 4"x6" to HUGE. Other versions of Gondogola: t-shirts, mugs, tote bags, note cards, postcards and maybe soon, dog bowls ! All available at Kamruz Gallery in beautiful downtown Telluride and online right here!